Citigroup - Citi Mortgage as Hamp servitor of hardship modification
Between August 2, 2007 and January 27, 2013 we were never late on our mortgage despite a rate of 8.25 % and it being 53% of the combined income of my wife and I.In January her weight dropped to 87 pounds then she got diagnosed with rectal cancer and had to have her rectum and *** removed by surgery.
Despite going through chemo therapy and radiation it metastasized to her lungs and became a type 4 cancer. Medicare has paid 80%, Medicaid 20% and grants paid her co payments which have totaled $288,000 to date. If we weren't living on the edge of both starvation and no heat in winter we wouldn't qualify. We asked for a HAMP modification because of the hardship but didn't expect it to take a year to process or Citi mortgage to refuse to lower our interest rate, or to list us as late and add on $10,0000 rather than give us a reduction.
I think its fair to say that if they had processed this promptly they wouldn't have had any reason to destroy our credit.We would like whoever drafted HAMP's pro servitor terms and user unfriendly language to someday be required to pay $40K a month for Avastin and enjoy the struggle we have gone through to survive, not be able to afford to fix the furnace when it goes out in winter, and choose between paying for food, or gas to get to the hospital.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Susan elizabeth bowman
What I disliked
- Hamp modification costing us our good credit
- Reason of review:
- I do not feel getting a HAMP hardship modification should cost an on time customer their credit
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Product or service
- Home Mortgage Modification
- Review category
- Loans and Mortgages
You May Also Like
- "I too have fallen victim to the "sure we can close your loan in less than 30 days" lie. When I originally shopped around other lenders were giving me..."
- "I Sent In My Money Order For My So Call Per Approved Master Card & Still Haven't Got It I Won't My Money..."
- "3. Written by Tony Macic, on 30-11-2010 02:28 What is the Department of Corporations doing about this? UP DATE:That's the million dollar question, Department of Corporation has been protecting information regarding..."
- "Saw a auction with several tool boxes for sale. The description stated "lista style" tool storage cabinet. Knowing "lista" boxes are extremely expensive and well built and known to..."
- "Bait and switch. Showed a picture of a lovely arrangement - "Glorious Garden" and even paid to upgrade it to the max. But what was delivered was small, pathetic and..."
- "With fashion, food, architecture JESSE KEYES with KAROLINZ ZMARLAK, 1 7th AVENUE SOUTH and LA ESQUINA, are all superb businesses. So happy to be partners with them. We have been..."
- "Ridiculous delays in shipping, packaging that is clearly labeled "FRAGILE" on all sides of the box is NOT being taken note of, many packages arrive smashed. I have witnessed drivers..."
- "Definite scam. High pressure sales--consultant told me to "try the peeling gel for the first week and if you do not like it, bring it back!" When I returned the..."