Union, Maine
100% full Not resolved
1.4
Interest Rate

Between August 2, 2007 and January 27, 2013 we were never late on our mortgage despite a rate of 8.25 % and it being 53% of the combined income of my wife and I.In January her weight dropped to 87 pounds then she got diagnosed with rectal cancer and had to have her rectum and *** removed by surgery.

Despite going through chemo therapy and radiation it metastasized to her lungs and became a type 4 cancer. Medicare has paid 80%, Medicaid 20% and grants paid her co payments which have totaled $288,000 to date. If we weren't living on the edge of both starvation and no heat in winter we wouldn't qualify. We asked for a HAMP modification because of the hardship but didn't expect it to take a year to process or Citi mortgage to refuse to lower our interest rate, or to list us as late and add on $10,0000 rather than give us a reduction.

I think its fair to say that if they had processed this promptly they wouldn't have had any reason to destroy our credit.We would like whoever drafted HAMP's pro servitor terms and user unfriendly language to someday be required to pay $40K a month for Avastin and enjoy the struggle we have gone through to survive, not be able to afford to fix the furnace when it goes out in winter, and choose between paying for food, or gas to get to the hospital.

This reviewer shared experience about "i do not feel getting a hamp hardship modification should cost an on time customer their credit" and wants this business to issue a partial refund. Whittet is overall dissatisfied with Citigroup and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about citigroup mortgage at Citigroup was hamp modification costing us our good credit , but reviewer liked susan elizabeth bowman. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Citigroup.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Loans and Mortgages category for more informed decision or compare Citigroup to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Citigroup?

Comments

Have you tried seeking government agencies for assistance to get this processed? I believe the Maine Housing Authority has the resources to assist you with processing the HAMP documents and/or other resources to help you with the situation. Pray, stay strong, and God bless you.